|This is the traditional time of year when the Didsbury Fire Department is seeking physically fit men and women who are looking to give back to their community.|
The department responds to a variety of calls such as structure fires, motor vehicle accidents, and medical assists. Being a member requires extensive training and knowledge of all aspects of fire prevention and fire fighting techniques, and this training will be provided.
The basic requirements for applying include a class 5 drivers' license with a 3 year drivers abstract, a criminal background check, first aid and CPR (class C), living within town limits, and the ability to respond to day calls.
The Fire Department accepts applications throughout the year but are aiming to bring on probationary firefighters in October.
If this opportunity appeals to you, you can pick up an application form at the following:
* Didsbury Town Office at 1606 - 14th Street
* Didsbury Protective Services at 2700 - 19th Street
* Online at Alberta Volunteer Firefighters.ca
* Online at Town of Didsbury
* At the Firehall, 2101 19 Avenue, Wednesday evenings between 7 and 9 pm.
DID YOU KNOW?
* 80% of firefighters in Alberta are volunteers.
* 97% of Alberta's fire departments are run by volunteers.
* There are over 450 volunteer-operated fire departments in Alberta.