La Leche League, Mountain View|
Listed under: CHILDREN & FAMILY
Street Address: 4802 - 49 St
Breastfeeding support group. Meetings every third Wednesday at the Olds Scout Hall. All pregnant and nursing mothers are welcome. Telephone support is also available.
Landlord & Tenant Advisory Boards
Listed under: LAW
Phone: 780-496-5959 Edmonton
The functions of a Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board are:
It is important to note that a Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board:
- to advise landlords and tenants in matters relating to a tenancy;
- to receive complaints and to try to mediate disputes between landlords and tenants (mediation occurs when the Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board brings you and the landlord together to talk about the issues between you with the assistance of a mediator. You then try to reach an agreement yourselves);
- to make information available for the purpose of educating and advising landlords and tenants about rental practices, their rights, and available remedies, and
- to receive complaints concerning conduct that is in breach of the laws governing tenancies and investigate those complaints.
- does not enforce the law;
- does not inspect rental units;
- does not act as a collection agency for landlords or tenants;
- does not force landlords or tenants to do anything.
Learning Disabilities Association of Alberta
Listed under: EDUCATION
Phone: 403-340-3885 Fax: 403-340-3884
Street Address: Lower Level, 3757 43 Ave
Red Deer, AB T4N 3B7
The Red Deer Chapter of the Learning Disabilities Association of Alberta is dedicated to assisting in the education and social development of individuals with learning disabilities and ADHD. We do this by offering programs and services that recognize, support and encourage the unique abilities of each person. This mission is accomplished in partnership with persons with learning disabilities, their families and the community. Programs include ongoing multidisciplinary reading, writing, math, study skills, test preparation, homework and school assignment help plus Irlen Syndrome screenings. Social skills programs, parent/teacher/professional presentations and workshops, and a resource library is available. For more information visit our website.
Legal Aid Alberta
Listed under: LAW
Phone: 403-340-5119 or Toll Free 1-866-845-3425 Fax: 403-340-4873
Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Thursday, 8 am - 4 pm Friday
Street Address: 200 AEI Building, 4802 51 Avenue,
Red Deer, AB T4N 4H3
Legal Aid Alberta (LAA) provides a range of legal services to low-income Albertans in a number of areas of law including family, civil and criminal. Coverage is based on financial eligibility.Legal aid in the province of Alberta is not free. LAA expects clients to repay the costs of their legal representation. However, legal services provided by a lawyer through LAA are significantly less costly than hiring that same lawyer privately.
Lone Pine Agricultural Society
Listed under: SPORT & RECREATION
Phone: 403-337-3531, 403-556-5611
Mailing Address: RR 2, Site 4, Box 10, Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Hosts of a bench show in August, Robbie Burns supper in January, Raffle Night Dinner and Dance in March, Family Steak Fry in June, and Kids Halloween Party in October. Operators of the Lone Pine Hall. Most members find the social interaction of serving their community to be a rewarding and enriching experience. Itís a good chance to meet new friends and neighbours. To rent the hall, please call Joanne Hannah at 403-335-4190. The Lone Pine Hall is located 10 miles east of Hwy 2 at the Didsbury overpass on Hwy 582, Ĺ mile south on Range Road 27.4.
Lone Pine Bennett Community Hall
Listed under: FACILITIES
Phone: 403-556-8552 Adele Cheek President or 403-556-2392 Louise Kobberstad, Secretary
Mailing Address: RR 1 Site 10 Box 10, Olds, AB T4H 1P2